- On domestic and international flights, operated by Somon Air, minors aged 8 through 16 are permitted to fly unaccompanied by adults. In this case, the discounts available under the child’s fare do not apply. Transportation of unaccompanied minors is paid at the full adult tariff.
- Unaccompanied minors may travel on direct non-stop flights only.
- Purchasing tickets for an unaccompanied minor via the Internet is impossible, since escort must be agreed in advance.
- You may purchase a ticket for an unaccompanied minor only in Somon Air sales office escorts must be agreed in advance. The parent or legal guardian must be present at the time the ticket is purchased and fill out the Unaccompanied Minor Form.
- For domestic flights, unaccompanied minor must hold a birth certificate or passport, a notarized power of attorney from a parent or legal guardian and a copy of an Unaccompanied Minor Form.
- For international flights - a foreign passport (valid for more than 6 month), a notarized power of attorney from a parent or legal guardian, and a copy of an Unaccompanied Minor Form.
- A parent or legal guardian dropping off the minor to the airport must release him/her to the airline employee, put their signature in the Unaccompanied Minor Form and once again confirm the details about the person meeting the child.
- The airline representative together with a minor goes through the check-in and passport control process, personally escorts him to the plane and hands on the child to the cabin crew. Upon arrival, the crew hands on the child to the airline’s representative at the destination, who will accompany the minor through the passport control formalities and release him to the meeting person. This person should sign in the Unaccompanied Minor Form, confirming this way the safe transportation of the young guest of Somon Air.
* Upon arrival, the child will be released only to the person indicated in the Unaccompanied Minor form after verifying his identity.
Should the picking up person fail to arrive to the airport, the airline will take the necessary actions and contact the meeting person (at the numbers indicated in the form) or parents of the minor.